xCORE Analog sliceKIT at discount price!

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
DavidW

xCORE Analog sliceKIT at discount price!

Post by DavidW »

Hi everyone,

We had so many great ideas for projects featuring Analog sliceKITs that we felt terrible being able to only give away one. Luckily, community member Groundloop contacted me with the excellent idea of offering Analog sliceKITs at a discounted rate to those people who entered the competition.

I have now looked into this and can confirm that we are currently looking to implement a deal with one of our partners to offer a limited number of Analog sliceKITs at a massively reduced price. This wont be a simple $10-$20 discount!

Due to the fact that we are working with an international partner who will need to get this all set up correctly to ensure the offer isn't abused, this will take a few weeks to appear. But rest assured, the wheels are in motion and we will keep you informed.

Whether this is activated via a promo code or some other method is yet to be finalised, but we are trying to arrange it so that it is as fair as possible to those people who entered the competition.

I will update this thread as more info becomes available.

DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

Sounds like an excellent idea - I'll keep my eyes peeled!
Groundloop

Post by Groundloop »

Thank you!
teachop

Post by teachop »

Yes yes yes yes...
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Dammit I didn't have chance to enter the competition was too busy at the time, is this open to all Xcore members?
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

It's still early days. It'll depend what sort of limited number we go with. I would make a guess that we'd open the discount rate to competition entrants only to start with and then if we haven't used the full stock allocation we'd open it out to the rest of the community.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Thanks David that's fair enough.

regards
Al
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

Just a quick update on this:

This is ongoing, and going well. All the boring bits have been agreed and Digikey are currently putting together a landing page for this offer.

Our original intention was for a June 2nd launch, but there has been a supply Snafu with the Analog Kits so this is currently not set in stone.

If its not June 2nd, then it shouldn't be long after.
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

UPDATE

This offer will be going live on Monday!

Usually an xCORE Analog sliceKIT will cost you $199...

We thought about offering a 10% or maybe even a 20% discount to our competition entrants but we wanted to go further still. So with the help of Digikey, we've been able to come up with a price which really is as low as we can possibly go.

We are therefore offering 30 xCORE Analog sliceKITs, at a massive 45% discount, for only $110 USD (postage not included).

Due to the limited numbers, and the extreme discount we are offering, these will be limited to 1 order per person and, for the first week, only those who entered the original xCORE Analog sliceKIT competition will be allowed to participate.

During Monday I will be contacting the competition participants to tell them how to take advantage of this special discounted price for the xCORE Analog sliceKIT. All the participants will be contacted via email at the same time and via XCore Community Instant Message as near to instantaneously as I can manage.

Over 100 people originally submitted valid project ideas for the original Analog competition, but we only have 30 sliceKITs to give away. For this reason it will be purely on a first come first served basis and once the 30 have been sold the offer will be withdrawn.

On the 9th June, we will open the offer up to the rest of the xCore community for the remainder of the available xCORE Analog sliceKITs.

The offer will close either when the 30 sliceKITs have sold out, or June 30th, whichever happens sooner.

Unfortunately, being based in the UK, this offer will be unintentionally biased towards people based close to the GMT timezone or those in other regions with insomnia. Sadly there is very little I can do about this as the information about how to buy your sliceKIT will go out during UK office hours.

So, to recap:

30 xCORE Analog SliceKITs will go on sale at $110 USD (+postage) on Monday for those people who entered our Analog sliceKIT competition. These people will receive the "how to buy" information in their email (so you may want to check your spam filters) and via forum Instant Message (incase anyone has unsubscribed from our emails) on that day.

We will do our upmost to make sure that everyone is contacted at the same time, but can take no responsibility for emails that are not delivered or blocked by spam filters etc.
Groundloop

Post by Groundloop »

Thank you