XHRA 2HPA DSD format supported

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
Decourcf
Member++

XHRA 2HPA DSD format supported

Post by Decourcf »

After few problems to make the XHRA 2HPA working (you can check my previous posts on this forum), I am almost at the end but still get few problems.

Indeed, the chip is downloading the firmware correctly, it is recognized by the computer and it outputs data (S/PDIF and I2S). If I remember well I posted the schematics, basically it is almost the reference design with few component replacements due to our stocks.

I now have 2 remaining problems :

1) I can play almost any sound formats and any sample rates up to 192kHz, but DSD is not working. I am no data output, although the computer allow me to play it through Foobar, and GPIO_2 stays LOW. Do I have to specify something I missed? I am currently running the evaluation board firmware.

2) The S/PDIF signal I got produces sound, which is 'almost' the original song, but like playing at a higher frequency. I assume this is a clock configuration problem but can't find it, does someone get any hint?

Thanks a lot for your help.

François

larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

1. Is this native DSD or DSD over PCM? XHRA-2HPA has native DSD. Can you stream DSD to another USB audio device? It might be useful to refer to these host setup instructions, which were written for our USB audio software, but also apply to XHRA-2HPA.
  2. What is your receiver? Does it need selecting sample rate explicitly? Does it play fine with another S/PDIF source?