3rd Degree Hypercube

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
rp181
Respected Member

3rd Degree Hypercube

Post by rp181 »

I have an upcoming project in which I'll need 8 processors connected together. I came across the supported topology, which includes a cube of processors. Has anyone does this? How does booting the other processors work? Does it matter which one is the "master" node (i.e. the one the xtag connects to).

sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

Usually the device which is connected to the xTAG acts as a master. First this device which is connected to xTAG is booted an this device boots the rest of the devices in the network.

Sethu.
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

Hijacking the thread a bit, sorry....

According to the xCONNECT Architecture documentation it is possible to connect up all sorts of topologies like meshes and trees, but elsewhere I keep reading that the tools only support line and hypercube topologies.

Can anyone explain what the problem is? Is it that the XN specification can only handle line and hypercube?

I don't have the kit yet to experiment, so I'm just going by documents now....
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

pstnotpd wrote:According to the xCONNECT Architecture documentation it is possible to connect up all sorts of topologies like meshes and trees, but elsewhere I keep reading that the tools only support line and hypercube topologies.

Can anyone explain what the problem is? Is it that the XN specification can only handle line and hypercube?
With the newer version of the tools (from tools version 13.0.0) it is possible to have any network that is supported by the architecture as the routing can be specified manually in the XN file. However, there is limitation on the certain type of networks if the booting is done using SPI flash.

Sethu.