Stack of mixed questions

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

I think the project may be a difficult one to start with, it might be easier to begin with something simpler first unless Xmos can provide the whole source code for Startkit.

It might be better to (as suggested above) start with a more basic Xmos board that has an external XSYS connector for external debugging and then work your way up.

The difficulty is debugging the onboard debugger because it's driving it's own JTAG lines, that makes for a very tricky development cycle and ability to jump through some fiery hoops I would imagine.

The XTAG project is available on github/xcore you would need to look at this in detail. I am not sure if this is updated with any of the Startkit U code haven't looked at it in detail.

You would need to ask Xmos if the Startkit source code is available in it's entirety and if you could use it, that would make such a project more feasible.

However having said all of that, I would definitely take one of your hands if it had onboard usb debug and Ethernet, it would make for a rather cool little dev board!

regards
Al

Sciencefiction68

Post by Sciencefiction68 »

Thanks for useful info and inspiration as well !:) Ill try to do all my best:)