Custom board with L16 -> U8 errors

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

I have attached a zip file containing the fix to the XTAG firmware which will allow correct chaining of L -> U series devices from the tools. To patch the tools extract the dll contained in the zip file into the lib directory of your tools installation. Once this is done you will need to unplug and reconnect the XTAG-2 and run the "xrun -l" command again as this will then load the new firmware. This should now report the correct JTAG chain for your configuration.
XTAG firmware fix for L and U series JTAG chain.zip
(344.63 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
XTAG firmware fix for L and U series JTAG chain.zip
(344.63 KiB) Downloaded 300 times

pgbross

Post by pgbross »

XMatt,

Thanks for the tools patch. I have reversed all the diagnostics changes we made to my custom board (ie. put the L16 and U8 parts both back into the JTag chain, primarily), and I can confirm that with the patched tools, the board is behaving correctly now. :-)

I actually still have a slight problem if I switch from jtag io to xscope_io_basic, as the boot process doesn't complete and xgdb appears to hang. I think this is because my test board has a fault in the routing the MSEL (previously TRST_N) to the U8 part, and so the warning about mode not set to boot from JTag is probably disrupting the xscope comms (I hope).

Thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions and help.

--philip
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

XMatt wrote:I have attached a zip file containing the fix to the XTAG firmware which will allow correct chaining of L -> U series devices from the tools.
Is there also a patch for the linux tools available? This is windows only.
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

pstnotpd wrote:
XMatt wrote:I have attached a zip file containing the fix to the XTAG firmware which will allow correct chaining of L -> U series devices from the tools.
Is there also a patch for the linux tools available? This is windows only.
Here is the patch for 64 bit version of Linux.
Attachments
xdbg_dev_api_xtag2.so.gz
(456.15 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
xdbg_dev_api_xtag2.so.gz
(456.15 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

Working correctly now on ubuntu 64 bit.

Tnx!