Help Connecting XR-AVB-LC-BRD to MacBook Pro

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
KevinLyver

Help Connecting XR-AVB-LC-BRD to MacBook Pro

Post by KevinLyver »

I updated my laptop to OS X Mavericks, and I am trying to connect the XR-AVB-LC-BRD through the ethernet port.

Do I need to know the subnet of the AVB kit? Or is it done automatically? If it is done automatically, are there settings that I need to change on my Mac?

Secondly is there any specific software that I need for my Mac that can either stream or receive audio?

Thanks...

ers35

Post by ers35 »

1) Open the Audio MIDI Setup application
2) Window > Show Network Device Browser
3) Connect the XR-AVB-LC-BRD to the MacBook Pro. Make sure you are running the latest reference design firmware from XMOS.
4) If your Mac is AVB capable, you will see the XMOS board appear in the device browser. If not, you will see an error message in the Network Device Browser telling you your Mac is not AVB capable.
5) Click the check box next to the XMOS device to connect.
6) Note the new audio device in Audio Devices.
7) You can set the new audio device as the default input and output device and all applications will use that device unless you specify otherwise.
...is there any specific software that I need for my Mac that can either stream or receive audio
You can use any application to stream or receive audio. Try Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

Here is the quick starter guide for AVB Reference Design to get you started. Also, have a look at the System Requirements Guide and Design Guide.