USB-Audio-2.0-Device-Reference-Design-Software(6.1.0)[12.2.0

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

AlexAdvice wrote:The line XCC_FLAGS_configname ?
Thats the one. The configurations are generate from that in the build system

AlexAdvice wrote: And another newbie question - where CPU is defined?
I want to make simlified design, but with XS1-L6A-64-TQ48-C5, what I should change?
You should take a look in the .xn file

sivakumar

Post by sivakumar »

Hi Alex,
The CPU and its pin mapping are defined in the xn file. The xn file is declared in the makefile as target.

If you look at the makefile in the app_usb_aud_l1 directory, you could find the line

Code: Select all

TARGET = xr-usb-audio-2.0
xr-usb-audio-2.0 actually refers to the xr-usb-audio-2.0.xn file which has the CPU and other attributes declared.

AlexAdvice wrote:The line XCC_FLAGS_configname ?

And another newbie question - where CPU is defined?
I want to make simlified design, but with XS1-L6A-64-TQ48-C5, what I should change?
AlexAdvice
XCore Addict

Post by AlexAdvice »

sivakumar wrote:Hi Alex,
The CPU and its pin mapping are defined in the xn file. The xn file is declared in the makefile as target.

If you look at the makefile in the app_usb_aud_l1 directory, you could find the line

xr-usb-audio-2.0 actually refers to the xr-usb-audio-2.0.xn file which has the CPU and other attributes declared.
So, only thing I should do, is to replace xr-usb-audio-2.0 @ TARGET to XS1-L6A-64-TQ48-C5.xn ?
Of cource, also to change pin definitions to my layout.

Thank you very much to all, your help is very apreciate.
BTW, sorry for my not perfect English, hope engineers are able to uderstand each other even at not mother tongue.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

AlexAdvice wrote:
sivakumar wrote:Hi Alex,

So, only thing I should do, is to replace xr-usb-audio-2.0 @ TARGET to XS1-L6A-64-TQ48-C5.xn ?
Of cource, also to change pin definitions to my layout.
No. This is what I would do....

Create a new XN file for your board e.g. AlexAdviceBoard.xn (copy the existing xr-usb-auduo-2.0.xn file to start).

Edit AlexAdviceBoard.xn to change the Package and Node types as appropriate.

Add your pin mappings to match your board.

Set TARGET in your Makefile to AlexAdviceBoard

(p.s. if you could rename this thread to something more useful for people searching for similar issues in the future that would be appreciated :) )
AlexAdvice
XCore Addict

Post by AlexAdvice »

Ross wrote: Create a new XN file for your board e.g. AlexAdviceBoard.xn (copy the existing xr-usb-auduo-2.0.xn file to start).

Edit AlexAdviceBoard.xn to change the Package and Node types as appropriate.

Add your pin mappings to match your board.

Set TARGET in your Makefile to AlexAdviceBoard>
OK, I have no idea, how to edit .xn files yet, but I will try to "RTFM" :)

BTW, TQ48 package does not have DEBUG_N pin, what to do with this signal at XTAG-2 side? Pull up it?
segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

AlexAdvice wrote:BTW, TQ48 package does not have DEBUG_N pin, what to do with this signal at XTAG-2 side? Pull up it?
Just leave it empty.