Custom Class USB Device Driver & audio 2.0 usb

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
sharpeye

Custom Class USB Device Driver & audio 2.0 usb

Post by sharpeye »

I've got a problem with the Custom Class USB Device Demo. I’ve followed the Quick guide, but when I need to install the drivers for the device we get in some trouble. As my laptop on windows 7 profesional x64(Dutch) the drivers for the device can’t be install via the installer (languese). So I have to use the alternate function to install this, the problem is that the computers and my laptop don’t show the unknown device, or for that matter add an device in the list of device manager. So there is no device to install the drivers manual for.

The USB slice is not defective as I can test de HID Class USB Device (HID mouse) just fine on both computers. This also proves the USBB –USB A cable isn’t defect either, neither is the programmer or the power cable.

any ideas as how i can get it to work
Last edited by sharpeye on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

sharpeye

Post by sharpeye »

i still have this problem, only I decided that I would try it with the usb-audio-2.0 firmware, here I can see the device(xp-skc-u16 with usb and audio slice) as an audio composite usb device. but the device is not started according to windows.

help would be appreciated.

so I tried it with the xmos l1 usb audio reference design board. with this device I can get app_usb_aud_l1_1xoxs.xe working audio in via usb audio out via line out. but when I try app_usb_aud_l1 1ioxs.xe (here audio in via line in and audio (out)through usb should be possible) it has the same error as for the xp-skc-u16 version.
edit: nevermind this was due to not (correct) installing usb audio 2.0 drivers.