Broken USB DAC (XMOS/PCM5102)

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
magicwolf
New User

Broken USB DAC (XMOS/PCM5102)

Post by magicwolf »

Hi!

I buy dac:
http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/ite ... 56776.html
But this usb dac not defined as a device in Windows XP. I attach an usb-cable, to shine a light-emitting diode 384K, but the new device in Windows XP doesn't appear.

I'm trying to understand why does not work DAC. I found that the frequency of 13Mhz resonator has the form of a sine instead of a rectangle and this sinusoidal signal is applied to pin 9 CLK XMOS chip and no frequency signal to pin 1 on the chip CLKOUT USB3320. Is that correct?

Sergey

Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

You should probably contact the module provider for support or return if it is faulty.

This forum is for people programming and designing for xmos devices rather than end users.
magicwolf
New User

Post by magicwolf »

Thanks for the response. I addressed to the supplier - he can't help. As I didn't work with XMOS me some details of operation of XMOS therefore I ask them to tell interest. Sorry, if I was mistaken with a forum.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

magicwolf wrote:Thanks for the response. I addressed to the supplier - he can't help. As I didn't work with XMOS me some details of operation of XMOS therefore I ask them to tell interest. Sorry, if I was mistaken with a forum.
No problem, if you'd like to get involved with programming the device we'd be glad to have you on board! :)

The first step would be getting JTAG access to the chip and acquiring an XTAG.
magicwolf
New User

Post by magicwolf »

Ross wrote:
magicwolf wrote:The first step would be getting JTAG access to the chip and acquiring an XTAG.
Forgive, but I understood nothing ;( ;).
I found that on pin REFCLK (usb3320) is a frequency and frequency is absent on pin CLKOUT. Therefore not data on ULPI. It is necessary to replace usb3320. Thanks for the help!