Help with AVB Enumeration

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
gerrykurz
XCore Addict

Help with AVB Enumeration

Post by gerrykurz »

OK here is the scenario:

When a XMOS AVB daisy chain device is connected to an XMOS AVB endpoint device both show up in the MAC Audio Midi Setup and can be aggregated into one device. This is the expected behavior.

What I have done is to modify the endpoint firmware to pass AVB messages to another ethernet port and then onto another endpoint device. (You may ask why I have done this, I have actually added two extra ethernet ports and it was simpler to do this in the endpoint implementation)

So now what happens is the first endpoint show up in the MAC Network Browser and then when I attach the second endpoint, it shows up and then they both disappear. I thought at first it was because they have the same serial number but giving them unique serial numbers doesn't solve the issue. I have looked at the enumeration process for both on Wireshark and they both are there and enumerate just fine. Something in the Network Browser seems to be the issue after they are enumerated.

I suspect it has something to do with the way the devices are discovered and enumerated by the Network Browser in that the daisy chain device has a different configuration that allows it to coexist with an endpoint.

Is there anyone with AVB experience that can assist me with this?

ers35

Post by ers35 »

Attach a log of dmesg from the Terminal after both devices have appeared and then disappeared. Perhaps the PTP timestamping is not being properly forwarded through the daisy-chain. The Mac will remove endpoints with improper timestamps.
voodoosound

Post by voodoosound »

Maybe something is blocking your periodic advertisement of ADP?