My own XMOS development experience

Archived XCore tutorials.
phalt
Respected Member

My own XMOS development experience

Post by phalt »

I've finally got some free time to start developing some simple applications on an XC-1A I've got.

I'm also using this as an opportunity to see, from an almost complete beginners point of view, how easy it is to get projects up and running.

I'm trying to do this without the help of anyone from XMOS and only use the XCore and XMOS websites for help.

Any problems I encounter with tutorials and guides will be written down and given to the rest of the XMOS team to improve. I've already found a few things they could improve in our quick start guides!

If anyone else has anything they've discovered that annoyed them or put them in a dead end, let me know in a reply and I'll add it to the list!

Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

Post by Interactive_Matter »

Ho well did you deal with pin numbering and pin assignments to cores? This was the most puzzling thing to discover for me. Gave me quite a hard time (really abt 2 days)
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

I've ran through the XC-1A tutorials with some problems, mostly because I couldn't easily find any solutions when they presented tasks to you.

I've yet to delve into pin numbering and assignments, but you're not the first that has mentioned that! So it'll be added to my list.

I'm going to be making a little tune play on the speaker as my first project and then hopefully move onto something with RFID, which has always interested me!

I'm sure when it comes to that I'm going to need to look at pins, so I'll soon discover how tricky it is.