Geographical Groups

Archived group discussions. Please post all group discussions under their relevant XCore group page.
jonathan
Respected Member

Geographical Groups

Post by jonathan »

I think geographical groups are a good idea - we should at least have groups by country. You might find there are more people near you than you thought.

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

You can already find people by country in the user search page... or do you mean actual groups for say people from "Bristol"
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

jason wrote:You can already find people by country in the user search page... or do you mean actual groups for say people from "Bristol"
Oh yeah. Cool.

I think in terms of local meetups for the developers they should have groups by country or city. If 10 people all suddenly realise they live in Paris, Munich, London, Beijing, Tokyo, Boulder, etc, they might want to get together.

Let's see what emerges!
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Cool I may add a location field to groups which then imports a google map or something. Post here if you want this functionality included in future developments.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

That would definitely be handy for local groups Jason, one of the tricky things about meet up groups is finding good places to regularly meet up (as well as the admin). I would definitely be interested in attending any London meet ups if someone is setting up a London group.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

A good place to start could be the Newcastle Science Festival (12-21 March 2010) with the UK Makerfaire being held there on the 13th and 14th March.

I know there are a few guys from this and other groups planing on going.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I'll be going to that. I've got my flights booked.

Leon