Site Bugs/Improvements

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

If you are a member of quite a few groups, they don't all show up on the right hand panel of the profile, nor can you see them by clicking more: you seem to have to manually navigate through them by changing numbers in the address bar.

Clicking "more" takes you to:

http://xcore.com/og/my/2

If you have more than this, you can change the 2 to a 3 and go to:

http://xcore.com/og/my/3

Etc.

Given that profiles are the only easy way to access groups at the moment this is slightly annoying.

jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

jason wrote:You need to use <p> </p> tags I believe, and yes you will need to press CTRL F5 to get the latest CSS if your browser has cached it.
if this is true, you need to remove the sentence at the bottom that says lines and paragraphs break automatically and replace it with "use <p> </p> tags for paragraphs" or something similar.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

jonathan wrote:
jason wrote:You need to use <p> </p> tags I believe, and yes you will need to press CTRL F5 to get the latest CSS if your browser has cached it.
if this is true, you need to remove the sentence at the bottom that says lines and paragraphs break automatically and replace it with "use <p> </p> tags for paragraphs" or something similar.
This def works now - it was fixed in the node, but not the node comments.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

jason wrote:This def works now - it was fixed in the node, but not the node comments.
Thanks! :-)
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

jonathan wrote:If you are a member of quite a few groups, they don't all show up on the right hand panel of the profile, nor can you see them by clicking more: you seem to have to manually navigate through them by changing numbers in the address bar.

Clicking "more" takes you to:

http://xcore.com/og/my/2

If you have more than this, you can change the 2 to a 3 and go to:

http://xcore.com/og/my/3

Etc.

Given that profiles are the only easy way to access groups at the moment this is slightly annoying.
This is now fixed too. The more link will take you to the page you saw before but it now has a pager to navigate if you have more than 10. Needs a bit of styling but it is at least functional now.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

jason wrote:This is now fixed too. The more link will take you to the page you saw before but it now has a pager to navigate if you have more than 10. Needs a bit of styling but it is at least functional now.
Awesome. Jason's on fire...
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

@jason: thanks for new features!

I already have uploaded a picture to my group post here http://www.xcore.com/groups/posts/just-picture

I see an extra text "Add an image:", was it planned?

The URL for this post is also makes me think that all groups share same namespace, so nobody else could write post entitled "Just a picture".

I also would quite appreciate to see "unified message center" where all new group posts, comments, private messages, friend requests can be seen, something like "View your posts" in forum. Right now I need to visit all places to discover out new posts/comments/etc...

Thanks for listening.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Nice spot for the text above the image - this is for the edit page that has made it through onto the view too. I will delete this asap.

EDIT: Done.

I have already thought about having a unified notifications area that sits on the side so it is persistent on all pages (but hidden) like the sign out tab - except it is called notifications.

Thus, when some activity has taken place or something new has happened it would pop out slightly and show that you have new activity eg a little message icon or something allowing you to click the notifications button which would then open up a modal window with links highlighting the new activity eg to your messages inbox, friend notification, or whatever.

That is my ideal solution anyway - this is a fair bit of work though, but I have been planning to do this already, so watch this space! I have a few other things to do before I can get on to this.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

I *think* group post comments don't show up on my latest events stream on my profile page. New group posts do, but not their comments...
errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

also i could not change the user image ..((

it just doesn't want to change it ..i suppose the ref is not updated at all!