Won a XDK XS1-G Development Kit, but don't need it

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
kruedi2

Won a XDK XS1-G Development Kit, but don't need it

Post by kruedi2 »

Hello together !

Sometimes it just happens...
I won a XDK XS1-G Development Kit in a competition but hadn't really checked what I'm applying for (not expected to win...).
After a closer look I decided that I don't need that kit and it should get a new owner who need's it.

I guess that's not suitable to sell it here therefore I would like to exchange (swap ?) it to something else.
Interesting might be e.g. Sony PS3, Iphone, Ipad, Ipod touch, helmet cam, digi cam etc.
Please make a proposal.

Kind regards

Dietmar

@Admin: pls give me a hand if this offer is not ok with your rules

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

I was not aware we had given out an XDK for a competition in the past? Which competition was this?
kruedi2

Post by kruedi2 »

jason wrote:I was not aware we had given out an XDK for a competition in the past? Which competition was this?
I'm sorry but I can't find the competition again.
It could be epn online, elektroniknet, Elektronik Journal etc.

Does the serial no help ?

Regards

Dietmar
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

I am not sure which competition it was that you obtained the kit from, as far as I know we have not run any competitions there.

If you no longer want the kit and there were no rules/terms/conditions attached for receiving the kit then I suggest you use a site like Ebay to trade it/sell it as XCore.com does not support the process and transaction handling of selling goods - and a site like Ebay combined with Paypal offers both the buyer and seller protection in the event you are unlucky enough to get a fruadualent buyer.

You can also upload photos there etc to show the condition of kit for any prospective buyer which will help too.

Hope that helps!
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

It sounds like it might have come from a very early promotional competition run by a partner or distributor. In fact it might be one of the very early versions (pre miniaturization).

Might be worth getting some photos up.
Heater
Respected Member

Post by Heater »

Sounds like you have a "collectors item" on your hands. Perhaps you should hang on to it for a while.
kruedi2

Post by kruedi2 »

Heater wrote:Sounds like you have a "collectors item" on your hands.
It's labeled outside: XS1-XDK-PKG-080710 XKey Code STTYNLPL Serial: 75490079
At the bottom: XDK 2V1
Is it a "collectors item "?

Kind regards

Dietmar
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

You would be much quicker getting a photograph up. From a photo I could tell you... From serial numbers I can't.
kruedi2

Post by kruedi2 »

jonathan wrote:You would be much quicker getting a photograph up. From a photo I could tell you... From serial numbers I can't.
Here you are:
Kind regards

Dietmar
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

If you like Apple so much I'll trade you serious vintage NeXT computer gear for your XS1-G
My trade would be a NextCube w/ an Dimension Graphic Board NeXTstep 3.3 rendered on 20 inch
Megapixel display ( note in 32bit color ). Plus other next slabs and gear and books, if interested.

Kruedi2! Your probable not interested. But like you said " Sometimes it just happens......

I'm interested :)
Shawn