Hardware / Software Veteran Moves To XCore

First time on the site? Say hello here!
JasonWhiteman

Hardware / Software Veteran Moves To XCore

Post by JasonWhiteman »

Community,

Greetings from a now rainy Houston, Texas. I have previously had experience with ARM and a handful of smaller micros (TI, Atmel, Microchip, Cypress) as well as CPLD/FPGA development using Lattice, Atmel, and Xilinx parts. Most of my career was spent developing servers and blades for Compaq/Hewlett Packard. I am currently freelancing and enjoying the variety of projects from different industrusties.

A recent project has brought me to XMOS as their hardware platform seemed like a good fit for a project which requires fast I/O, some DSP (video application), and a reasonable price-point.

My Slice Dev Kit arrived today (XP-SKC-L2 board with a handful of peripherals) so I decided to join the community and share my impressions and observations as I rolled into the initial stages of prototype development.

Although I have downloaded the software early, I have done little in the way of prep - so what you see in my articles will be true first impressions typed in real-time as I encounter problems or notice issues with the documentation, tools, etc.

Should anyone need an extra hand to collaborate on a project - feel free to contact me to see if I am the right fit and determine if my bandwidth allows for adding the workload.

Regards,
Jason Whiteman
Freelance HW/SW Designer based in Houston, TX

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Hello Jason,

Welcome to Xcore. Feel free to ask questions.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

welcome :)
JasonWhiteman

Post by JasonWhiteman »

Thanks XMOS,

I am, unfortunately, having issues with the dev kit so I'll open a thread on the "XMOS Dev Kits" board.

Regards,
Jason