Hello from Darmstadt - Germany

First time on the site? Say hello here!
Minamisava

Hello from Darmstadt - Germany

Post by Minamisava »

Hello everyone!
I'm a student here in Darmstadt-Germany and recently got to know xmos. I learned microcontroller with 8051s, but used the 8-bit atmels for a while now.
I got to know XMOS throught a mailbag episode from EEVBlog. Last week I talked to some friends about xmos and we bought some startKITs.

Just got one StartKIT with one Ethernet Slice on this friday and I'm trying it out. The led flashing alongside other startKIT examples went great. I just didn't find a code ready for the ethernet slice on this board. Thought I could give it a try but ran into some trouble.
Can't seem to import modules correctly. Through xSOFTip works perfectly, but I can't add stuff afterwards.
For example, I wanted the Embedded Webserver Function Library (from XSOFTip) and the GPIO Driver for StartKIT. The XSOFTip couldn't generate the code itself, maybe because the GPIO was from the community tab? I tryed also to just import it to the workspace and include it. I get the error:
Can't open include file "startkit_gpio.h"

I've included it also under Project->Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Includes->XC->Add->Workspace->/module_startkit_gpio. Still no luck =/

Anyways, I'm open for tips and will be working on learning the new IDE.

See you on the forum!

Minamisava

Post by Minamisava »

Hello everyone,
just wanted to post the solution. A simple google search for "xmos module include" did the trick
I needed the includes AND a tweek in the make file: just add the module to USED_MODULES = NEW_MODULE_HERE

Cheers
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Welcome to XCore! :)
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Welcome :)