Hi everyone

First time on the site? Say hello here!
ast8346

Hi everyone

Post by ast8346 »

Let me introduce myself,
My name is Anthony
I'm an engineering student in UK currently doing my final year project,
The idea is to design and build a stereo AD-DA converter.
I have decided to use XMOS XS1-U8A-64-FB96 microcontroller as the heart of the system to manage PCM5102 DAC and ESS9112 ADC with an external master clock. I want it to be able to deliver pure 32bit384khz. The output will be PCM over USB, by using I2s protocol.
That's about it for the first message. I will probably be writing again with some specific questions, but can't think about anything particular right now.
Oh yes, as I'm a bit new to this forum and xmos in general, I will highly appreciate any links to supportive material relevant to what I'm doing. Especially about I2s. I'm currently digging some libraries in xSOFTip and trying to understand them :)
Thanks for reading,
Best wishes to all of you,
Anthony

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your project. Your system requirements will take you down a well trodden path and all looks very doable. The main thing will be customising the existing design to support your DACs (I2C register bashing) and switching to 32b audio, as well as developing the target HW. You might find the DJ kit gives you good flexibility for wiring in your own DAC/ADC into an XMOS USB core board..

Plenty of others doing your sort of thing on here so I hope you find the forum useful!