Hello from Vancouver, Washington!

First time on the site? Say hello here!
jkinkennon
New User

Hello from Vancouver, Washington!

Post by jkinkennon »

I'm John Kinkennon and am retired from field engineering including packet radio and financial trading systems. I keep busy developing MIDI and audio projects for the virtual pipe organ community. Get a glimpse of my hobby at http://www.kinkennon.com. Received an xCore-200 explorerKIT today and am excited to give it a try.

John

krishnabalan
Member++

Post by krishnabalan »

jkinkennon wrote:I'm John Kinkennon and am retired from field engineering including packet radio and financial trading systems. I keep busy developing MIDI and audio projects for the virtual pipe organ community. Get a glimpse of my hobby at http://www.kinkennon.com. Received an xCore-200 explorerKIT today and am excited to give it a try.

John
Welcome John Kinkennon!

xCORE-200 explorerKIT is really a very good starting point. Have fun!
myndideal

Post by myndideal »

Dear John,
welcome :) ! I hope you can find here a helpful community.
I'm very impressed from the pictures of your refurbised Allen organ controllers, that you have published on your website. It is an eye-catching work clearly. I had the opportunity to repair some electric organs or electric pianos like farfisa, wurlitzer etc. It always a good feeling to see those instruments working perfectly.

I'm working on an electric drum trigger (with analog signal processing). Which has midi in and out capability too... Even if I'll not really upload the system completely, rather I have a vision to share parts of it (which can be useful for other projects too), I suggest to take a look on it. So, you can find here in projects a skeleton implementation of my "midi1" subsystem, which one actually works in my prototype as well. As far as I know, here are several projects with some similar goals. Perhaps, it make sense in long term, if the implementations will be somehow partly in conjunction.

Have nice day!
Barna (from Budapest, Hungary)