Patchwork Battery Storage for 12V lead acid batteries

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
RemoRitzmann
Member++

Patchwork Battery Storage for 12V lead acid batteries

Post by RemoRitzmann »

Version: 0.1
License: GPL

Solar Power is the solution to power future households. But to make use of its advantages a good storage of the electrical energy is essential. Best would be to save a sunny days energy to be available at night. More and more charging and inverter devices are on the market but storage is still too expensive today.
My Idea is to use several 12V plumb lead acid batteries being controlled by XMOS to make up one big storage at 24V. They are individually charged and recharged for best performance and optimized for a long battery life. One could use different capacities and even different life time stages. So with cheaply available batteries from the secondary market, we can make affordable and competitive storage.
Anyone interested?

RemoRitzmann
Member++

Post by RemoRitzmann »

Update: I now made a crowd funding campaign: https://wemakeit.com/projects/solarstro ... iespeicher
We have our first 4 Prototypes combining Lithium batteries with lead acid batteries for best price/capacity ratio.
Now we are capable of combining 16 used / old / big / small batteries to one good and powerful one for building storage.

Interested? Let me know on: patchwork (at) rino.ag
Best regards, Remo