XC-2 SDcard audio player

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
Berni
Respected Member

XC-2 SDcard audio player

Post by Berni »

Heres a video of my wav player in action.

paqgrL5Av4Y
Project page: http://xcore.com/projects/wav-audio-player

jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Love it!
AtomSoft
XCore Addict

Post by AtomSoft »

awesome dude! I plan do try and do some video perhaps with this... Would be nice. Generating text and images on screen. Im sure there is way more than enough power to get it going... (composite or VGA)
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Well someone already did VGA and it made a really nice quality picture(the video with the super mario sprites going all over the screen)
AtomSoft
XCore Addict

Post by AtomSoft »

Yeah i saw it. I want to do this for another reason tho. Not for a game .... but for a GUI... One of my side things is Security work.. I install Fire/Alarm panels for my old boss. I was thinking of creating my own type of security system for my home... i live in a apartment right now with folks but when i move out i would like security for me and my family so ... ill create my own...

Plan to have 911 Emergency Recording so no person has to be on phone... Also will have backup power supply and fire alarms and such all in 1. Now if i obtain a nice FLAT LCD PANEL or TFT (Composite type most likely) I can have nice controls with beautiful GUI...

Mainly so my wife can control it easily heh
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

That sounds really cool. Would love to see how that progresses. There is probably some code about with relation to touch screens as the XDK has one.
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Yeah seams like a nice project. You may want to use VGA since composite is a lot worse quality, also VGA allows you many different resolutions while composite is fixed to PAL or NTSC. Meaby you can get a 15inch PC monitor cheep and buy a resistive touchscreen foil. You will also need a ADC chip since those touch screens are analog (or a real touchscreen controller chip if you find one)
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

great project!

do you use fat-16 or fat-32 on SD card?
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

FAT-16 since the card is under 4GB and the file system code i found cant do FAT32. I can port a better file system that dose FAT32 tho (I was thinking of doing it as its much more advanced)
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

please, do it!