XC-2 Proto-Shield

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
Omer
Member++

XC-2 Proto-Shield

Post by Omer »

Version: 1
License: Custom Licence
Download: /files/project_builds/protoboard-XC2.zip

This is a very simple PCB design that sits on top of an XC-2 and provides ample prototyping space. By using 'stackable' headers, a number of these proto-shields can be used on one XC-2.
It is exactly the same size as an XC-2 as I used the original gerbers provided for the outline and connector spacing (thanks for publishing those XMOS!)
UNTESTED (as I do not own an XC-2) gerber files and the drill information are attached to this project.
Happy prototyping! :)
---
NB: Unlike the XC-1, spacing between connectors on XC-2 is 100mils, which should let you use ordinary prototyping boards like stripboard/veroboard if you do not want to get some of these boards custom made. These will definitely look better though ;)

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Hi Omer

Thanks for this it could be really handy for prototyping on my XC-2.

There is one warning however, only use this board underneath the XC2 as the ethernet jack is to high for it to sit on the top.

Regards
Al
Omer
Member++

Post by Omer »

Hey Al,

Glad you like it and thanks for the warning. I guess you can use the 'stackable' headers instead of standard ones to clear the height of the ethernet jack, I haven't tried it though so don't take my word for it :)

Happy prototyping!