Amino

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

I think the CODEC is a good GP choice. But please make it possible to communicate with the CODEC, and not only run it as a standalone master! At least do not ground the CODEC com. pins to the PCB.

In general, for a GP DSP, it's interesting to be able to DC-couple the inputs and outputs - which the CODEC supports. It also support fs between 4-216 kHz with low latency switched antialias filters - also good for GP DSP.
An output buffer, and an input stage with overvoltage protection would be nice, but maybe the dual rail and so on makes things too comlicated. But, please make the analouge in and output accessible before the AC-cap. (Old DSP boards had the alias filter and the input/output stage on a module.´-card.) With the DC-connection you can use PGAs or whatever needed for signal condition before the CODEC.

Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

I was going to suggest the TLV320AIV23B from the XDK but I've just checked its pricing and its more expensive than the CS42700.

Wolfson Micro have some nice codecs check them out.

Are you planning to use a normal SD card or a micro SD?
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Hi Tony I intend using Micro SD for the first design
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Last night at the OSHUG event I spoke about Amino boards and the architecture. I am in the final stages of the design for the first Amino board - Amino Alpha hence the change of image above. I haven't yet updated the github repository documentation which is now very out of date (please do not use it until the version changes), but will be doing so over the next few days/weeks. Please read the post for a brief overview of Amino Alpha and let me know your thoughts. I will shortly publish schematics and an architectural overview from the software point of view as I covered it last night.

regards
Al
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Amino Beta is an opensource in board hardware compatible implementation for the Amino project, it supports all of the basic features of the new streamlined Amino project.