MoX OS - Modular XS1 Operating System

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
monk_is_batman

MoX OS - Modular XS1 Operating System

Post by monk_is_batman »

Version: 0.11
License: GPL

Update: For those interested in the source code for the project a mostly up to date copy of the (not working) code has been uploaded. Definitely not in a usable state, but definitely proves some of the things I wanted to make sure were possible and shows how things are going to work when I finally get this going. When it is in a more stable state I will keep a copy of the code on this page, in the mean time you can get it from the google code page http://code.google.com/p/moxos/. Once this is released in a stable/not crashing state I will also release some documentation that should guide a bit through the large amount of code (some of which unorganized) associated with this project.
MoX OS will be the first OS designed for the XS1 architecture. It is designed to provide users functionality not previously available in C/XC. These are features such as dynamic code loading and dynamic channel creation/destruction. Currently MoX can successfully boot up and load code modules out of flash memory as requested, it can also handle channel creation between any two threads requested. More information will come as development continues, also check out http://www.moxos.org/.

wardy

Post by wardy »

Guys this is an awesome idea - good luck with it!

It will prove very useful, I am sure, especially when building custom boards which are multi-purpose, such as AD/DAC/Gyro..
monk_is_batman

Post by monk_is_batman »

Yeah, I'm really excited about this project and its possible applications.

I'm fixing a few issues related to the rewriting of my communication system then I plan on releasing all my code in a week or so. Hopefully then if people are interested they can start testing/playing with the code loading system. Right now it can add code modules to the XC-1A using a flasher program, once they are there you can have an application start them and stop them as requested.
bsmithyman
Experienced Member

Post by bsmithyman »

Any thoughts on implementing a bootloader e.g. over UART using the same code-loading routines you already have? Looks like a great project!