Xmos Super Mario demo

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

This is indeed most impressive. Does anyone know latest developments of this?
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Yvo's got a NTSC TV version working of the VDP driver. We (royal we) were hoping to get a PAL version working but finding a source of the 35.46895MHz oscillators (for PAL) has been a big problem.

If anyones interested I put a schematic (preliminary) for a XC-2 board on my blog here.

Whilst Yvo was working on the kernel I've been putting together a design based on the XS1 L1 64-pin, which is almost there ;)

So watch this space.
yzoer
XCore Addict

Post by yzoer »

Howdy all...

Just now got around to joining the forum! As tony said already, the VDP core supports both VGA and NTSC. I posted it on the projects page in case anyone is interested. Since I live in the US it's somewhat difficult to do a PAL version, but if anyone wants to give it a shot, feel free to PM / email me and I'll be more than willing to help!

As far as what else is going on... Not much at the moment I'm afraid. I've got plenty of ideas and projects I want to work on but life / work seems to be getting in the way. Two projects I desperately want to work on are SP-1 and VDP-2, with SP-1 standing for Sound Processor and VDP-2 being the 'next' generation of VDP-1.

Tony's been beavering away on X-ONE which will be supported by all three cores..

-Yvo
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

@TonyD: hope you can buy/sample that crystal from http://www.foxonline.com/
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

otitov wrote:@TonyD: hope you can buy/sample that crystal from http://www.foxonline.com/
Thanks for the web site, I'll check them out.