MOSDuino - XMOS based Arduino

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
narutoxela

MOSDuino - XMOS based Arduino

Post by narutoxela »

Version: 0.1
License: Custom Licence

An arduino compatible board based on an XS1-L1 64 pin XMOS chip (and possibly an arduino Mega compatible board based on the XS1-L2!) brigning massive performance gain and muti-thread processing to the Arduino platform. Hardware part almost done, software part will begin as soon I finish the hardware (board).

phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

Want to show us some shots of the board? Or have you just got designs so far. Either way - good luck and keep us updated :)
shashi

Post by shashi »

Nice concept. Hope to see more on this soon
narutoxela

Post by narutoxela »

phalt said:
Want to show us some shots of the board? Or have you just got designs so far. Either way - good luck and keep us updated :)

reply:
Thanks! Well im almost done with de design and i will upload the gerber files/eagle cad files as soon as possible and I will post pictures of the board once i receive it. I might even start the programming tonight and I will try to make it as similar as possible to the original Arduino coding. Obviously their will be additions like the par and sync statements and other stuff... And yes, i will try to updat as soon as possible as the project moves on.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

There's already a couple of Xmos Arduino designs out there. Check out the following projects: Arcade Shield and XArduino
narutoxela

Post by narutoxela »

Thanks! But I have noticed that these boards have no analog input, PWM output and uses an external Xtag to programm it. With my design I will include onboard Xtag (XTAG 1, it uses an FT2232 which is smaller than an XMOS L1 64 pin used in the XTAG2), it will also have 10 PWM outputs which the riginal Arduino has 6 and there will be support for analog input via an ADC on the analog input headers like the original Arduino.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

What chip will you be using for the ADC's?
narutoxela

Post by narutoxela »

I will be using the Analog Devices AD7298 but if you want to suggest another ADC chip, go ahead, I'm open to all suggestions :)
Monskan
New User

Post by Monskan »

what a blog I like the site when I read it. It is very interested and informative.I hope lots of people visit this site so they can easily learn this informative post. Swtor Credits
Mason

Post by Mason »

I would love to know more details regarding the XMOS based arduino. I have been using arduino from my college days doing projects as part of my academics. After that I continued it as a DIY project and I do get some queries regarding my products. visit here