Complete EagleCAD library for XMOS chips.

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
narutoxela

Complete EagleCAD library for XMOS chips.

Post by narutoxela »

Version: 1
License: Custom Licence
Download: /files/project_builds/Eagle_XMOS_Lib_COMPLETE.zip

Some people on the forums including my self have a hard time finding EagleCAD libraries for the XMOS chips. So, I'm making a library containing all the current XMOS chips. Also please tell me if there are any mistakes in the library.
Note: EagleCAD 6.0 was used to make this library and is unfortunately uncompatible with older versions of EagleCAD. Sorry for the inconvinience....
Chips included:
XS1-G04B-FB144

XS1-G04B-FB512
XS1-L02A-QF124
XS1-L01A-TQ48

XS1-L01A-LQ64

XS1-L01A-TQ128
XS1-SU1A-FB96

TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

If they are in version 5, I'll convert them to DesignSpark PCB so we have a common library for both PCB packages
narutoxela

Post by narutoxela »

Ohh sorry! I forgot to mention in what version the library is in, it was made with EagleCAD 6.0
Alenda
New User

Post by Alenda »

great work, thank you.

You place the center far outside the chip symbol. Is there any reason for this? During PCB-Design this make me crazy to set an move the right center point. :-)
narutoxela

Post by narutoxela »

That is because thats how i like to make my symbols, i got used to using the upper left pin as the placement point, basically its just preference but i could replace the center marker to the center if you want.
norman

Post by norman »

hello,

thanks for this library. Have it been fully tested with a mounted fabrication ?
The XS1-L02 is a QFN and mentioned as a QFP in the library... but the layout seem ok.
Is there a reason to not have the "stop" and "cream" option for each pad except the center ground pad ?

thanks!
narutoxela

Post by narutoxela »

Sorry to say but no, i didin't have the chance to test the library hence me asking people to tell me if there are any mistakes in the lib. The "QFP" in the library is just a small mistake and should say QFN (For the L2) so the layout is correct in that way. The reason that there is no "stop" "cream" is the default stop and cream were too big leaving little to no soldermask between the pads so i took them off and i manually added smaller stop and cream layers on top of the pads.

Hope it helps,
Alex
norman

Post by norman »

thanks for those informations, i hope i can tell you in few weeks if the layout works fine or else ...
mikronauts
Member++

Post by mikronauts »

Hi,

First: Thank you for making the library!

I downloaded it, unpacked it, and put it into my eagle 5.12 folder. When I tried to open the library, Eagle said it was corrupted.

Did you happen to build it in Eagle 6.0? If so, that is not backward compatible with Eagle 5.X

Thanks,

Bill
narutoxela

Post by narutoxela »

Hi bill! Yes, the library was made using EagleCAD 6 (I guess its about time I specify the version of EagleCAD used to make it :P).

Alex