lcd3

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
myndideal

lcd3

Post by myndideal »

Version: 1
License: LGPL
Download: https://github.com/bfarago/xmos_lcd3

Example project for lib_lcd, lib_display_controller, lib_sdram, lib_i2c, lib_touch.
(this one use interfaces bw tasks)
It stores two video frame buffers (color 16bit 480x272), one (60x21) ascii screen memory, (8x8) fontset, and it draws rectangles. Implements I2C bus, touch controller. 
The Description of your Project is too short. You need at least 50 words.The Description of your Project is too short. You need at least 50 words.The Description of your Project is too short. You need at least 50 words.
 XMOS XP-SKC-L2 (1V1, 1v2)
 Star: XA-SK-SDRAM
 Triangle: XA-SK-SCR480 (Touch controller: AD7879-1)

xTIMEcomposer Version: Community_14.0.3 (build 17001, May-26-2015) .

myndideal

Post by myndideal »

Hi, in the past month I did a lot of success with this project which is not commited to the git repo yet. I have some annoying hw level issue with the SDRAM. I think, not depending on my code (or I don't know how could be dependent). After several minutes there is sdram handling issue, which turns sdram to not working state anymore when the board is powered, a complete cold reset (power cycle) could only resets to the right state. The lib_sdram still running, so if some noise is provided to data lines, the noise clearly displayed on lcd fine.. It looks theres is no CAS cycles driven by xmos. I did not find the reason of this in the source code... 
Update: Today I measured the pin with oscilloscope, and the CAS signal amplitude is arround 200mV in this faulty state, but still there is the right signals (Iam not sure, similar...).  I tried to disconnect everything from the processor board, and nothing changed (theres surly no multiple drivers in a wire)...
Update2: Grrr! Funny... I use slicekit board support modul, which sets the 74lv74 right after booting... But somehow it could reset later! I can measure the CAS  signal on the SPI cs pin... how?!!!
By the way, I have some nice progress in the project related codes, so I hope I can update the project soon. 
eez-open

Post by eez-open »

I'm wondering did you made any progress recently, I'd like to know if you extent in any way existing SDRAM and display libraries and did you add support for touch screen controller that comes with LCD sliceCARD.