XEF216-512-TQ128-C20 as AVB Server?

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
xixi

XEF216-512-TQ128-C20 as AVB Server?

Post by xixi »

Hi all,

I am totally new to xmos and my company is planning a project for our OEM customer which we need audio routing via Ethernet AVB and we came across the xcore-200 processor.

What we are going to implement is having a host/server, then customer may cascade any additional devices they need into the network port.

Attached with the project's first draft. We need some advice here, is the XEF216-512-TQ128-C20 alone enough for the said server? Or we need to add a CPU for OS as host(let say a snapdragon running android) and the XEF216-512-TQ128-C20 as slave in the server?

There is no USB in this product and i hope i can receive some inputs here.

Thank You
Attachments
AVB Device.pdf
(42.25 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
AVB Device.pdf
(42.25 KiB) Downloaded 346 times

brittain

Post by brittain »

I can see some real value in what you are attempting. Looking at the AVB stuff it does not seemed to have gained traction, I dont see this as a disadvantage, as the alternatives such as Dante are just too expensive.

The two things I am not sure about is that where apple have included avb connectivity microsoft have not, and this idea that you needs some fance avb compatible swicth is a real trun off, however much of your connectivity is point to point.

I would guess that if you got a couple of the xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platforms you could prototype most of what you want.

I would have thought that you would not need a dedicated host machine, as you could run a web server on an xmos to confugre the system.