Once-over before sending off the PCB ?

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
eez-open

Post by eez-open »

Sorry for misunderstanding about reset. C44 should be fine. If necessary you can increase it to 47 or 100 nF.
You can change default layers color. There is not a lots of choice but still you can manage to set something that is easier to follow. Select Display option, and use Change on layer that is selected.

SpacedCowboy
Experienced Member

Post by SpacedCowboy »

Sorry for misunderstanding about reset. C44 should be fine. If necessary you can increase it to 47 or 100 nF.
And this is where my understanding breaks down :( I don't see how a capacitor that's not connected to a supply voltage can keep /MR high ?

[sigh] So I really ought to read the datasheet - "Driving the manual reset pin (MR) low asserts RESET. MR is internally tied to VDD by a 90- kΩ pull-up resistor."
You can change default layers color. There is not a lots of choice but still you can manage to set something that is easier to follow. Select Display option, and use Change on layer that is selected.
Excellent, thank you :) That's good to know - I really ought to have looked! :)

Cheers
Simon
eez-open

Post by eez-open »

SpacedCowboy wrote:
And this is where my understanding breaks down :( I don't see how a capacitor that's not connected to a supply voltage can keep /MR high ?

[sigh] So I really ought to read the datasheet - "Driving the manual reset pin (MR) low asserts RESET. MR is internally tied to VDD by a 90- kΩ pull-up resistor."
Capacitor is here not to keep MR high but to filter possible noise. Pull-up is inside as you found.