XMOS chip integration

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

XMOS chip integration

Post by xlordofpainx »

Hey guys,

Long time no see/chat. I went pretty far with my project and I have assembled the board, but when i connect it with XTAg i get connected to None. Have you any good suggestions where I should start debugging. I have already started checking all the pins - one by one, but it feels like a unicorn hunt.

Here is the system.

XMOS chip XE216 with the original FLash fomr the Multichannel Audio board, using the Si5351A/B/C-B_10-MSOP oscillator. I have played around with some stuff around it but these are the important ones I guess. A more specific question is which of these are not needed for the Time composser to flash properly. I would guess that they all are...

xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

Also in the data sheet of the chip. IN the table with pins there is the option to have a pin like this as shown in attachment. There is an XL_DN1 and XL_DN0 which are connected to X0L0^1in and X0L0^1 in. When I check them for a connection they appear to be connected to each other and even after trying to remove solder multiple times they are still connected so I am wondering if they are connected internally or should I continue fixing a soldering mistake.
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (3.05 KiB) Viewed 16813 times
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (3.05 KiB) Viewed 16813 times
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Please post your schematic and pcb layout in pdf format for a review.

Did you apply the same PLL (factory pre-programmed to offer clocks) as used on Xmos designs? If yes, the cpu clock should be available upon power up else you may be lacking the required main clock.

What is the output from xrun -l?

Power supply sequencing ok?
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

I will upload pdfs later if I can. the Oscillator is pre-programmed for 24M yes. You mean adding xrun-l to the makefile options? I followed the pwoer sequencing mentioned. First power up the 3.3 and a PG signal is sent to the 1v Buck. Also the 3.3 reach 3.3 before the time requirement.
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

So I figured out that the pins should not be connected. Current problem is that the oscillator is not outputting the 24M clock ( i checked it individually and it works when it is not connected to the XMOS chip) I will mount the programmer pins when i get the clock to work. 24M go to pin 125 and for some reason i am getting junk when i measure the oscillator pin.
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

Problem fixed.
Apparently even after wicking the pins (24M and 1V next to each other) it hadnt removed all the solder and there was more solder stuck behind the pins so after applying more solder + flux and wicking it it became clean

Thanks