cannot set current project

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
woodsb
Experienced Member

cannot set current project

Post by woodsb »

Hello:

xtimecomposer has just developed a problem for me. When I try to set the current project I get an error box "Updating project settings has encountered a problem. An internal error occurred during: "Updating project settings".

Clicking on the "details" button for this box reveals: "An internal error occurred during: "Updating project settings". java.lang.NullPointerException"

If I switch to a different workspace I do not have this problem. Switching back to the troublesome workspace, problem still exists.

I deleted the .metadata folder in the workspace and re-imported the projects, but still have the problem.

Did not have this problem earlier today, and don't know what caused it to start happening.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bill
Ubuntu 14.04
Version: Community_14.2.4 (build 15898, Dec-20-2016) Copyright 2015 Xmos Ltd.
java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

andrewxcav

Post by andrewxcav »

This looks like a problem with the underlying Eclipse environment. In addition to deleting .metadata, try deleting the associated .project files (back them up first if you are not sure how to reconstruct each project from scratch).

See here for more details:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/195 ... -nullpoint
woodsb
Experienced Member

Post by woodsb »

Thanks, Andrew. I have the feeling you're on the right track but, consistent with the nature of this problem, I am currently not experiencing it. If it comes up again I will attempt your solution. I may have inadvertently executed it already.

cheers,
Bill