xTimeComposer Questions

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
bearcat
Respected Member

xTimeComposer Questions

Post by bearcat »

Well finally tried to import my application into 12.2.0, and... No big surprises! I guess I had thought I would be getting all kinds of parallel usage violations. Although, it's not fully running yet...

So, now I have started using version 12, I have a couple of questions / issues:

1 - XGDB.exe continually crashes when debugging. Usually can't get more than a dozen steps before crashing, and anytime hovering over an item crashes it. WinXP64 with XTAG2. Any suggestions? Debug was rock solid in 11.2.2 and 11.11.1.

2 - What is up with the CDT Builder null pointer error on XUD? I saw another thread that seems to say to remove the reference to XUD in your project and it should go away. Well, that's not working. I imported the module from the latest USB Audio source code directory. Compiles ok.

3 - It's doing a build before every run or debug, even without any changes. How can I change that, it takes 30+ seconds to do that.

Thanks.

kris
Experienced Member

Post by kris »

2. This error occurs when the module_xud itself is built, and is due to invalid eclipse project files.
This will be fixed on the next release of this software package. However, there is really no need to build the module_xud project, as you only need to build the app that uses this module, thus this error can safely be ignored.

3. Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->Launching->General Options->Build (If required) Before Launching.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Kris.
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

Thanks. Ok with 2 and 3. I had seen where it wouldn't run or debug because of 2, but it's good for now.

I am going to try it inside a virtual machine with XP32bit, to see if that helps for 1.