xTimeComposer: XDE Unable to locate XMOS toolchain libraries

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
lsteeler

xTimeComposer: XDE Unable to locate XMOS toolchain libraries

Post by lsteeler »

After running xTimeComposer the following message appears: XDE Unable to locate XMOS toolchain libraries and states the environment variables are not set, however I have run the SetEnv.bat many times. Why isn't the script setting the variables?

TSC
Experienced Member

Post by TSC »

I had the same problem. I managed to fix it by obtaining administrative rights in Windows, then uninstalling and re-installing xTimeComposer.
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

If you run the "SetEnv.bat" command, it should set the environment variables. Could you upload the screen shot of the error which you are seeing while opening the tool. Also, is the Java version of your machine up to date? By the way, what version of the tool are you facing the issue with?

Thanks,
Sethu.
lsteeler

Post by lsteeler »

I have tried running the SetEnv.bat many times but it is still giving me the error and yes Java is up to date. The tool version is 12.2.0.
Attachments
xTimeError.jpg
(225.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
xTimeError.jpg
(225.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

I have tried running the SetEnv.bat many times but it is still giving me the error and yes Java is up to date. The tool version is 12.2.0.
Are you saying you double clicked on the SetEnv.bat file and ran it?

If you are running from Windows command line, you need to do the following steps:
1. Open the command line (Windows command line) navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\XMOS\xTimeComposer\12.2.0" run the SetEnv.bat command.
2. Navigate to "xtimecomposer_bin" and run the "xtimecomposer.exe" command.

If you are running from XMOS command line, you need to follow these steps:
1. No need to run the SetEnv.bat file as this will be run when you open the XMOS command line.
2. Navigate to "xtimecomposer_bin" and run the "xtimecomposer.exe" command.

By double clicking the Icon from the desktop, are you not able to open the tool and run it?

Sethu.