Unnessary registration requirement

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
deadshot
Member++

Unnessary registration requirement

Post by deadshot »

Xmos PLEASE PLEASE remove the online registration requirement for future xTimecomposer software. What a PAIN!! I have no problem signing in to download the program, but the additional registration is unnecessary and could cause problems in the future. Here is an example, when I buy microcontrollers I buy in large quanties for future projects. I still use PIC16F84A microcontrollers all the time. They are over 10 years old. The development software I got ten years ago still works and I have added it to the five past upgrades to my computers over the past ten year. What happens if Xmos is gone or sold to a different company in the future…How would I be able to access the development software when I upgrade my laptop computer! I could be stuck with useless microcontrollers or search the web for some shady development software. The software is FREE so please remove the unnecessary registration requirements.

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

I fully support this.
Also some development computers in certain environments cannot/should not be connected to the internet.