multi tile target with USB reference application

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
pasau
Experienced Member

multi tile target with USB reference application

Post by pasau »

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to build the current USB 6.1.0 reference application on tile 0 of a custom target with multiple tiles? Right now, the app supports the USB boards with only 1 tile, since the app requires a single tile, but i want to send audio data from the usb tile to another processor. Right now, i change the target and i get the errors below. The problem is that those ports and clocks seem to be defined in the binary library file from the XUD, which i can't really modify. Has anyone tried to make the application for a multi-tile target or is it not currently possible with the XUD libraries? THankS

Code: Select all

xmap: Error: Port tx_readyout is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port tx_readyin is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port p_usb_txd is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port p_usb_rxd is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port rx_rdy is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port flag0_port is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port flag1_port is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port flag2_port is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Port p_usb_clk is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Clock tx_usb_clk is not placed on a specific tile.
xmap: Error: Clock rx_usb_clk is not placed on a specific tile.

sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

Hi Pasau,

The XUD library is provided to the users as a binary and you will not able able to change the code and make the library run on different tile.

Sethu.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

This is supported, but only for L-series in that release (XMOS only had single-tile U-series devices when that USB Audio release was made). Multi-tile U-series are supported in later versions of the USB library - you can get it from here:

https://www.xmos.com/support/downloads/ ... =XCORE-USB
pasau
Experienced Member

Post by pasau »

thanks guys;

@Ross: thanks, i used the XUD_module from that release, and i was able to run a demo app (i.e. hid mouse) that uses the XUD on my tile[0] and in the same binary a different program runs on my tiles 1 or 2, on a custom hardware platform that regroups the DJ kit and the slicekit. When you said that multi-tile U series were supported, did you mean to include any platform that has a U series, or is it restricted to a single U16? I kinda gotta make sure i can put a XUD pretty much on any U8 on a multi-processor custom board.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

pasau wrote:I kinda gotta make sure i can put a XUD pretty much on any U8 on a multi-processor custom board.

That should be fine.