Low Level Ethernet Demo not sending output to console

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
gerrykurz
XCore Addict

Low Level Ethernet Demo not sending output to console

Post by gerrykurz »

I have compiled and run the low level ethernet demo and it works (sometimes but that is another question) by responding to a ping but there is no console output.

I have tried a few things in the documentation but it seems confusing to me and it also seems to make the program not work.

I am running it on a standard slice kit configuration.

Any ideas?

Gerry

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

enable IO on the debugging interface.
Not sure where that would be in the graphical tools but on the command line it is xrun --io blabla.xe
gerrykurz
XCore Addict

Post by gerrykurz »

Unfortunately I forgot to mention that I am a new user so your response doesn't mean much to me. I have only been using the xTime Composer GUI so although I understand the concept of command line operation, the details of how to do it in this environment is beyond me at this point. If you can explain in more detail, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your response anyway,

Gerry
TSC
Experienced Member

Post by TSC »

From xTimeComposer GUI top menu: Run -> Run Configurations. In the Run Configurations window under I/O options, "Run JTAG I/O server" should be selected. Then click Run on the bottom right of the Run Configurations window.
gerrykurz
XCore Addict

Post by gerrykurz »

Hi, thanks for your response.

Your descriptions of the menus and options don't quite match the xtime composer windows that I have.

Attached is a screen shot of the menus

Is this the option selection that you mean?

This run configuration works from a functional point of view but does not output to the console
Attachments
Run Configurations.jpg
(115.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Run Configurations.jpg
(115.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet