Issues with tools ver 10.4 flashlib and webserver 1.3.

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Matt

Issues with tools ver 10.4 flashlib and webserver 1.3.

Post by Matt »

Hi,

After solving my problems with flashlib (9.9.2) and TCPiP 1.3 with the help of M_Y. I have now received another cryptic error along with 20 warnings.

The error is:

.././src/Common/xc2_flash_server.xc: Warning: Clock "__xccomp_internal_spiPorts_anon_4" is not placed on specific core (support may later be deprecated).
xmap: Error: No resource associated with '__xccomp_internal_spiPorts_anon_4'
xmap: Error: No resource associated with '__xccomp_internal_spiPorts_anon_4'

I have no idea how to start tracking down this error. Please help

Many Thanks

Matt

Matt

Post by Matt »

For anyone with the same issue.

The clock block that is used in flash lib is now specified in the fl_SPIPorts struct.

Matt
Heater
Respected Member

Post by Heater »

I read somewhere that XC would now prefer that you specify which core threads are run on.

I presume that means you need the "on" statements:

Code: Select all

par
	{
		on stdcore[0]: thread_1();
		on stdcore[0]: thread_2();
	}
Instead of just:

Code: Select all

par
	{
		thread_1();
		thread_2();
	}
Anyone know if that is true in all cases or just the top level thread starting.
What about when you start some parallel work from an already running thread that has been started on a specific core? Looks like it would be messy to have to have all thread code know which core it is running on so that it can use the correct "on xxx :"
m_y
Experienced Member

Post by m_y »

Heater wrote:Anyone know if that is true in all cases or just the top level thread starting.
What about when you start some parallel work from an already running thread that has been started on a specific core? Looks like it would be messy to have to have all thread code know which core it is running on so that it can use the correct "on xxx :"
For all practical purposes use of "on" is restricted to the top level. That is to say, at the declaration of all ports and clocks (which are required to be at the top level), and in the single par block in main(). Subsequent par blocks run entirely on the same core as the thread which entered the block.

Ideally all ports, clocks and top-level threads would be placed on a particular core as this avoids relying on defaults. The tools are becoming increasingly intolerant of resouces not declared on a particular core.