Editing initialization macros for flash devices in flash.h.

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Matt

Editing initialization macros for flash devices in flash.h.

Post by Matt »

Hi,

I am trying to edit the variables in the initialization macros contained in the flash.h header file. I want to edit the definition for the AT25DF041A so that it uses uniform 4k sectors. When I edit the header and clean/recompile the project it does not seem to affect the program.

Can someone shed some light on what I am missing?

Thanks in Advance

Matt

larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

I understand this is query is being handled in support ticket 1716. Please do not open parallel communication channels with XMOS engineers on the same topic - it will not speed up the process (the engineer will spend more time crosschecking forums and ticketing system).
larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

Sorry about my previous post, I was wrong there - this is of course not a problem with the flash library, but rather a general enquiry on using it. In that case it's perfectly fine to ask on the forums.
m_y
Experienced Member

Post by m_y »

It's not necessary to recompile the flash library.

The versions in the header are already compiled into the libflash binary for use with the fl_connect() function. This is how the library supports devices used on XMOS development kits without additional input. Editing the header will not change the functionality of the library.

However, by using fl_connectToDevice() instead of fl_connect() you can pass in one or more flash device specification structures. The specifications in the header are provided as macros so that they be used with fl_connectToDevice() if so desired.

To use the new specification with xflash it is necessary to use the --spi-spec option so that xflash can pass it on to libflash when it writes to the device.