"errors exist in a required project .." on 0 warnings/errors Topic is solved

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
DemoniacMilk
XCore Addict

"errors exist in a required project .." on 0 warnings/errors

Post by DemoniacMilk »

Hey everyone,
one of my projects is behaving a bit weird.

Whenever i want to debug on the xcore explorerkit, the program is built without errors or warnings being displayed (same if i just use "build").
However, before uploading, xTimeComp tells me there were errors in the project, asking me if i want to continue to launch.

As I dont get any error messges or warnings, I am a bit confused. Is there a place that might give more hints on what is wrong?

View Solution
peter
XCore Addict

Post by peter »

Is it possible to post a screen shot of what xTimeComposer looks like at the time of the error message popping up? What tools version are you using? Have you tried using a new clean workspace and importing code into that?
DemoniacMilk
XCore Addict

Post by DemoniacMilk »

I did try cleaning the workspace and rebuilding it, but that didnt help.
Don't know why, but today the problem is gone, so I cant provide a screenshot.
Version is Com 14.1.2. After booting the pc today, I was asked to set the environment variables again.
hasde

Post by hasde »

I experienced the same issue when I cancelled a debug/run session before it was completely launched. Only a restart of xtimecomposer was helping then.

Best regards
Sebastian
ahogen
Member++

Post by ahogen »

I just ran into this as well. Very annoying since I thought there was something wrong with my code. Chasing ghosts isn't what I get paid to do...

Sebastian, your suggestion to completely restart xTIMEcomposer worked for me. Specifically, I went to "File > Switch Workspace > Other" and then clicked "OK" without changing the path. I was hoping this would make xTIMEcomposer re-write some of it's workspace information as well as restarting. Seems to be okay now.

Thanks again, Sebastian.

Code: Select all

=====================================================
Windows 7 Professional x64
xTIMEcomposer Community 14.2.4 (build 15898, Dec-20-2016)
=====================================================
peter
XCore Addict

Post by peter »

Sorry you are experiencing this issue as well. Again, if you could provide more details it would help us try to reproduce this and be able to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Peter