Having trouble with XMOS IDE, Version: 11.11.1 (build 4707)

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Lorien

Post by Lorien »

Lorien wrote:After some time in digging for the issue I came up with the source of my trouble and I thought I should share it for anyone wishing to stay away of it!
My answer is simple: Windows 10 v1803. I'm assuming that I don't have to express all my 'intentions' and 'good wishes' to the Microsoft guys?....

1709, 1703, 160? works like a charm.
That's all folks! Stupid Microsoft marketing approach who really made me reconsider Apple option.
Edit: I forgot to thank you all for your help on this matter! It is really appreciated, thank you!

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Glad to hear of the working status. All good.

You may be able to perform a Windows work around with the Windows emulation of older OSes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/hel ... compatible

Code: Select all

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible
Lorien

Post by Lorien »

I tried this after I start having my hints regarding Windows but was no luck for me. Not to mention that I had troubles in correctly displaying some of the fonts I used in my projects. In addition to that I saw on the net other opinions regarding 1803 and it didn't took to much time to realize that I have to ditch it and go back to a viable alternative. It proved that 1709 was the one I was looking for... closest to this 1803 which it seems that's a pure garbage. Too sad for those who can't handle it properly. It took me one week to reinstall the whole system back to initial 'form' so I can use it in my work. I also had a system image made with Macrium Reflect but was too old to be taken into account. Kind regards and again, thank you for your help! Your posts and pictures made me start blaming 1803. until then I thought it's something related to XMOS IDE or Java. TY