SPI flash with IS25LQ016B-JNLE and XHRA-2HPA-TQ64-C

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
dutcher

Post by dutcher »

thanks
Last edited by dutcher on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

xConfigurator?
What do you need it for?

Possible they menat xTIMEcomposer? - https://www.xmos.com/support/tools
dutcher

Post by dutcher »

to generate firmware image
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Not clear if this thread is solved or not but..

1) the requested xConfigurator tool is a free download from this webpage (found this using Google):

https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=18340

it is the first download.

There are other target OS versions inside this same download along with a PDF worth a read.

2) To make use of the low cost programmer you own, the source code must be modified. Unless we missed it, after hours of searching around, the freeware tool appears to be lacking the simple feature to enable the QSPI bit. The developers of the CH341A programming software are Linux happy and likely chanting "Linux or death" while coding. Respectively, the limited open source code is also demanding the use of Linux based compilers or MinGW on Windows. That is, using MinGW on Windows, the Unix shell should allow for the creating of the Windows executable.

The process here is to take the Flashrom source code -> insert the code to enable the QSPI bit -> compile for Windows. All of this is new to us and very time consuming. Feel free to jump in and share how to compile the source code. Believe it may be easier to just do all of this on a Linux box (compiler and programming of the SPI flash).

Flashrom source code:
https://github.com/flashrom/flashrom

The details on how to compile this for a first time reader is as clear as mud.

Did not see your reply to the questions:

a) do you have access to SMD hot air tools? That will be required to make use of the SOIC to dip conversion.
b) do you have access to the XMOS StartKit? If yes, then that StartKit can easily replace the use of the CH341A tool.

We have a kit being shipped out of China to our freight forwarder but ETA is 1-2 weeks out.
dutcher

Post by dutcher »

Thanks for you reply @mon2 , I have the program now but can't open it. I have followed those steps (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4815&p=24730&hilit=Xconfigurator#p24730).
When I type the code (xConfigurator -c hi_res_2_dac_hpa.cfg -o custom_xhra_firmware.bin) in smd I get an error.

I don't have a hot air gun but I bought a adapter so I can use the programmer for SMD chips. :)
no, I don't have a XMOS startkid, Can I enable the 4-bit or quad-QO mode. with this kid? and program the SPI flash and configuration file to the IS25LQ016B? If so I may be buy one.

Am I able to enable 4-bit or quad-IO mode when I change the Flashrom source code to enable QSPI as you descriped in the your last reply?

Earlier in this forum you said I can use a utility to enable 4-bit or quad-IO mode.
How can I do that? and what is an utility?

kind regards,