[SOLVED][I2S - I2C] Unable to build - lib_logging problems

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
sgtpepper335

[SOLVED][I2S - I2C] Unable to build - lib_logging problems

Post by sgtpepper335 »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the I2S and the I2C libs with my XCore Explorer Kit... I am new with XMOS Hardware and xTime Composer.

I've been trying to compile my code for more than an hour now and I always get the same error in the console:

Using build modules: lib_gpio(1.1.0) lib_i2c(4.0.0) lib_i2s(2.3.0) lib_logging(2.1.0) lib_xassert(3.0.0)
Analyzing debug_printf.c
xcc: D:/Documents/DÚveloppement/WSPACE_TEST/lib_logging/src/debug_printf.c: No such file or directory
xmake[1]: *** [.build_Debug/_l_logging/src/debug_printf.c.pca.xml.decouple] Error 1
xmake: *** [analyze] Error 2

The only libraries i'm using are I2C, GPIO and I2S but i think I2C depends on lib_logging and lib_xassert.

Do you have a idea to solve the issue ?

I tried to compile the application note "Using I2S Library " and I can't compile it, i get the same messages.

Thank you.
Last edited by sgtpepper335 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Presumably the files are where you expect them to be? You can see all of the library directories?
If so, perhaps try Project->Clean to see if that helps.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hello.

1) File -> New -> xTimecomposer Project -> Change the target hardware to xCORE-200 Explorer Kit -> apply a project name -> rest are default checkboxes -> Finish.

2) Go to Examples icon on left side of screen -> Audio Examples -> double click the Using the I2S Library (AN00162) -> allow for the import of this library -> Finish.

3) In the XMOS EDIT perspective -> highlight the now imported AN00162_i2s_loopback_demo -> Project tab -> Build project -> the toolchain will now raise some errors and will proceed to automatically import the required dependencies for this project -> should finally compile this project.

4) After a successful compilation, proceed to review the main.xc file which you may now change to suit.

sgtpepper335

Post by sgtpepper335 »

Hello, thank you for your help.

I installed xTime Composer on an other computer with Mac OS and I've been able to compile with it.
I'll try the solution of mon2 with the other computer to see if it works.
sgtpepper335

Post by sgtpepper335 »

I created a new workspace, I followed the instructions of mon2 and I still get the same errors.

I don't understand, I dont't have the problem with MacOS and this is not a big deal to simply load a project with the right libraries and compile it...

CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

You seem to have an odd U character in your path - would that upset the compiler or OS? Have you tried building in a different workspace location?

Another idea - it looks like all your projects are open: have you tried closing all projects except the one you're working on?
sgtpepper335

Post by sgtpepper335 »

Hello CousinItt, thank you for your reply.

I tried building in different workspace locations and I also tried to close all the projects, I even tried to clean the project.
After the importation of the libraries by xTime Composer I make a refresh, I clean the project and I check the depedencies in the makefile editor.
sgtpepper335

Post by sgtpepper335 »

Problem Solved ! Thank you CousinItt for your suggestion, it was just a problem due to the odd U character ! The folder in which all my workspaces were contained an "accent" -> "Développement".
I guess the compiler doesn't use the same character encoding !
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

:o)
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Anglocentric