read_sswitch_reg vs read_node_config_reg

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
fabian
Member++

read_sswitch_reg vs read_node_config_reg

Post by fabian »

Hello everybody.

I'm a little bit confused about when to use "read_sswitch_reg" and when to use "read_node_config_reg". While beeing pretty much sure that "read_node_config_reg" is related to all the node configuration registers I believe right now, "read_sswitch_reg" is doing exactly the same thing. I'm using XEF232-1024-FB374 and when searching the Datasheet I can find the "read_node_config_reg" but not "read_sswitch_reg". On the other side "read_sswitch_reg" can be found in the xTIMEcomposer User Guide. Here is the thing: in the xTIMEcomposer User Guide the function "read_sswitch_reg" is descripted as: "Reads the value of a system switch register". Wow, but I can't find any "system switch register" in the Datasheet of XEF232, but Node configuration registers. Having no knowledge about what "system switch register" actually is, it's quite a little bit difficult to figure out, what registers can be used.

Same problems to "read_pswitch_reg" and the analog writing functions.

If someone wants to explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

fabian
Member++

Post by fabian »

Hi, there.

Another open question regarding registers and documentation is the absence of the chanend status registers.

When you take a look into XS1-A8A-64-FB96 Datasheet you will find 32 registers in the xCORE Tile Configuration which are related
to Chanend status.
Where are these registers in XEF232-1024-FB374? Are they no longer needed?

I'm trying to modify the Application Node AN01024 to run on my custom boards which use XEF232-1024, but due to the lack of a comprehensive documentation I'm still failing.

Best regards.
fabian
Member++

Post by fabian »

I put the discussion about modifying AN01024 into a new topic.