Project Of The Month Winner - March 2010 - Bdring

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
jason
XCore Expert

Project Of The Month Winner - March 2010 - Bdring

Post by jason »

wbxNDoSo86g

I am glad to announce that our first project of the month on XCore goes to bdring for his amazing XMOS CNC Laser Engraver Controller.

An overview of the project as described by bdring is as follows:
This project is a Laser Engraver Controller. It is a nice fit for the XMOS. This type of controller is almost always done with a high end FPGA or DSP. XMOS is a good replacement option for those devices and is ideal for an open source project because of the low cost of entry and the familiar C like development language.

The project is detailed on this web site, and the laser itself is also an open source design detailed here.
Congratulations once again to bdring who will receive a XK-1 development kit for this great project!

Looking towards April, please submit your nominations to the main POTM thread here (please ensure criteria are met detailed in this post if you wish to be considered).

Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

That project sure deserved it if you ask me. Neat thing also is that he can connect that extra XK1 to the one he already has.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Berni wrote:That project sure deserved it if you ask me. Neat thing also is that he can connect that extra XK1 to the one he already has.
On of the great things about offering an XK-1 as a prize - if you win more than once, you can combine your processing power! :-)
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

congratulations bdring!
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Plug and engrave, excellent! You can see killer application for this one.