Upcoming Updates to XCore.com

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
migueljds
Experienced Member

Upcoming Updates to XCore.com

Post by migueljds »

Hi everyone,

In an effort to make the XCore community more manageable and useful, we would like to make the following updates to the site, and would welcome your feedback.

1. Archive the Blog, by removing the menu link and latest posts panel on the homepage: It's not really being maintained as it should be and so it's not particularly useful and attracts spam posts

2. Merge Q&A section into the Forum: The presence of both a forum and Q&A is confusing, and is not helping to improve the quality of the content. We will add the ability to mark a particular forum topic as resolved, then we can move the Q&A section into the Forum. This will simplify the structure of XCore.com and make it easier to use.

We hope you are in favour of these changes. We will make the changes on 1 Feb, unless we hear any adverse feedback.

migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

Okay, I've made the proposed updates.

There is a new Q&A section in the forum for any questions with definitive answers rather than discussions to resolve issues.

All the questions and answers from the old Q&A section have been transferred to this Q&A forum.

If you have any issues or comments, let me know.

Miguel
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

What about showing the latest projects on the front page?
The projects section can use the publicity lately.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Bianco wrote:What about showing the latest projects on the front page?
The projects section can use the publicity lately.
Do you mean because it sees very little use?

Suggest we just have a projects forum - much more interactive.
henk
Respected Member

Post by henk »

I am the one to take the blame for that.

I have no strong feelings and happy for it to be on the front page - anybody else has any thoughts?

A slightly related question. Once you are in the projects page, one is presented with a list of projects; probably ordered by creation date or so. Any thoughts on how to make that more accessible?