Bristol: the UK’s answer to Silicon Valley

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
jason
XCore Expert

Bristol: the UK’s answer to Silicon Valley

Post by jason »

Cool article on the South West of the UK and how it is fast becoming established as the Silicon Valley of the UK - go Bristol! :-)
"Silicon Gorge – the high-tech triangle between Bristol, Swindon and Gloucester – has already proved itself on the world stage, according to the World Economic Forum, who describe the area as 'a hot spring of innovation'"
Read more here: http://blogs.culture.gov.uk/main/2011/0 ... _sili.html
Attachments
silgorge.jpg
silgorge.jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
silgorge.jpg
silgorge.jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 4062 times

MaxFlashrom
Experienced Member

Post by MaxFlashrom »

Hi Jason, the link seems to have moved on: it's now an article on from The Department For Culture Media and Sport on "Increasing the focus on minority ethnic women and girls' sport"
While very commendable, "Right On", ticking all the boxes and, no doubt fascinating, this is not quite what I was expecting ;-) Do you have the original link? I'll try the Goggle to see what I can fish up.
Max.
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

MaxFlashrom wrote:Hi Jason, the link seems to have moved on: it's now an article on from The Department For Culture Media and Sport on "Increasing the focus on minority ethnic women and girls' sport"
While very commendable, "Right On", ticking all the boxes and, no doubt fascinating, this is not quite what I was expecting ;-) Do you have the original link? I'll try the Goggle to see what I can fish up.
Max.
See here:
http://blogs.culture.gov.uk/main/2011/0 ... _sili.html
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Ha! Bad website! I shall update link - thanks DanB!