Xcore-200 slicekit not recognized by PC

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
cuki321
New User

Xcore-200 slicekit not recognized by PC

Post by cuki321 »

I just bought the USB slicekit, installed the xTIMEcomposer (v14.2.4), connected the kit to the PC via the xsys-xtag2 USB connector. However, the kit is not being seen on the PC. I've tried this on Win7, Win10, and Ubuntu systems, and none of them recognize the device. Please help!!!

henk
Respected Member

Post by henk »

Hi cuki321,

Does it recognise the XTAG?

Start the command line tools, and type 'xrun -l'; please post the output.

Cheers,
Henk
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Review this thread:

https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5086

Please post your results for future readers.
cuki321
New User

Post by cuki321 »

I did the cmd "xrun -l" but it showed no devices (in both Windows and Linux). I also looked in device manager, but there's nothing related to the xmos device either. So the device is not even seen by the system.

I also tried all the methods in the thread above (setting env variable, zadig, etc.), to no avail.

Thanks
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Are you using an external USB cable ? Have you tested with different USB cables ? If not, do recommend this request. The XTAG-3 tool on its own should be enumerated and respectively visible in the Device Manager.

The XTAG-3 PCB features a USB Type A connector which on its own should be able to plug directly into any PC USB socket. Can you test this to confirm the cable is not the issue ?

Simply take the XTAG-3 PCB and dock directly into any free USB port on your box. Keep testing all such PC ports to see if this tool is enumerated on your PC.

err... just downloaded the XCORE-200 USB Kit details and the XTAG-3 is now a SMD Micro USB connector so you must be using an external cable. Highly recommend for you to test other cables. You would be surprised on the shoddy cables in the USB business so is worth a try.
cuki321
New User

Post by cuki321 »

I have an XTAG2 board. I've tried both using a USB cable (came with the kit) and plugging the board directly into the PC to all available USB ports. Nothing showed in device manager.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

I've tried this on Win7, Win10, and Ubuntu systems
Are these tests on different physical computers or the same motherboard & USB ports but assorted hard drives to boot the alternate operating systems ?

Perhaps your have a defective XTAG tool (ESD damage / DOA from assembly house / not compatible with the USB host on your box).

Suggest to source another and latest XTAG3 tool (about $19 USD) from Digikey and at the same time, also the XMOS StartKit (about $13 USD) for further testing.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/2183686

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/4485710