xCORE-200 MC Default program

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
PhilipJ
New User

xCORE-200 MC Default program

Post by PhilipJ »

Hi All,

I have just started investigating XMOS processors and I have bought the xCORE-200 MC Audio board, my primary interest is multi-channel audio to and from a PC via USB.

Being a bit keen to hear some audio I got the board out of the box, plugged it in and connected it to my PC (Windows 10), no driver :-(
So I found the Thesycon download and installed XMOS_EVAL_KITS_DEMO_DriverSetup_v3.34.0, great now Windows gives me an XMOS XS1-U8 DJ in my devices list :-)
I use Reaper (the DAW program) as a source of audio so launch that and it finds TUSBAudio ASIO Driver, offering me 10 inputs and 10 outputs. This is looking good!!!
Setup some audio in different tracks of Reaper and map them to several of the offered outputs (Analog 1 to Analog 8) assuming they are the 3.5mm jack sockets on the board, pluged in some speakers and my audio is coming out, this is brilliant. But then I plug the speakers into outputs 3 and 4 and the same audio comes out, the audio that reaper is supposedly sending to outputs 1 & 2.

On checking the audio I am sending to Analog 1 and 2 is actually coming out of sockets 1&2 and 3&4 and 5&6 and 7&8. I guess the factory default program on the board is setup to do this.

So this brings me to my questions:
What program is on the xCORE-200 MC Audio Board when it is shipped from the factory?
Can I get a copy of this project to examine in xTIMEcomposer?
Is there an example project that shows how to do multichannel audio over USB?
Currently I can only run at 44.1kHz sample rate, is this limit imposed by the evaluation copy of the USB driver? or is the XMOS program that only allows this one samplerate? I really want to run at 96 kHz.

Thanks for any assistance
PhilipJ

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

PhilipJ
New User

Post by PhilipJ »

Thanks, I should have read more extensively before posting but as I said I was too excited to get some audio going :-)
I have now loaded the app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc project and compiled the 10in 10out example, loaded it and its working fine.

Now the hard work of learning how to program these excellant beasts...

Regards
PhilipJ