I chose the XS1-A16A-128-FB217. Do you think I chose correctly?

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
Buz
New User

I chose the XS1-A16A-128-FB217. Do you think I chose correctly?

Post by Buz »

Hey Folks,

Brand new here and a first time using an XMOS. I am designing a board with around 80 GPIO (a couple of SPI buses in there, some PWM, a few digital sensors, nothing too exotic). I want to design in a capability to communicate over EtherCAT (very important), CAN (somewhat important), and USB (nice to have). Right now Im using the XS1-A16A-128. I've got analog signals coming in to the built in ADC and two more ADCs hanging off two separate SPI buses (for a total of three ADCs including the built-in one). Im using the Beckhoff ET1200 ASIC for EtherCAT, also haning off its own SPI bus. (There's so much GPIO on the XMOS I feel like Oprah handing out SPI buses) I am a little concerned that I basically give up an entire tile for the built in USB functionality, but if I understand correctly that is for pretty high speed USB, so I suppose its worth the pin sacrifice if I need it (and I won't really know what we need until after we field the part). Anyhow, I feel OK with the choices but I thought why not throw it out for discussion and opinions - thanks!

Jason