Lack of availability of xcore-200 USB slicekit

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
hessa59

Lack of availability of xcore-200 USB slicekit

Post by hessa59 »

I am trying to move on from the startkit to a USB processor and I would like to try the xcore-200 USB slicekit. However it seems that it is only available from Digikey and they have it on a 12 week back order.

Is this because the product is being upgraded, and if so does anyone know when it will be released?

I would like to develop a product based on an XCORE-200 processor and I have noticed the same thing with the several of the processors listed on Digikey they have a 12 week lead time. Is this typical or is it just a Digikey thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Suggest to contact Digkey for more details as the pop up for this kit reads as past due so should be arriving any day ? Unless you have been told otherwise ?

hessa59

Post by hessa59 »

Thanks mon2

I have started a request for quotation with Digikey and will post the results here.
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

The xCORE-200 sliceKITs are being re-designed and will be available, shortly, through distribution.
I do not have specific timescales at the present time but it is not long.
All orders placed will be fulfilled as soon as the boards ship.
Best regards,
John
matthew1

Post by matthew1 »

Hi all,

the new sliceKit release is imminent, hardware is all ready, just working for some final paperwork and aiming to get it out next week. FYI, this is an all-in-one xCORE-200 kit, with USB integrated on the core board and a gigabit Ethernet slice included.

Regards,

Matthew.
XMOS
hessa59

Post by hessa59 »

Thanks johned and matthew1

I am looking forward to it :)
hessa59

Post by hessa59 »

It looks as though there is one in stock at digikey now. However it looks like this is the old one. I am not sure if I should hold on for the new one. Digikey did not get back to me on my request for quotation.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/5813531

Does anyone know if the new one is still coming?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
matthew1

Post by matthew1 »

Hi,

the new sliceKit is definitely coming, it's ready to go, it's just taking a while to get it listed on Digikey (we're chasing). The XMOS product page is here:

https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=35833

Regards,

Matthew.
XMOS
hessa59

Post by hessa59 »

Hi Matthew1

Thanks for the update. I clicked on the listing and it says X-Core 200 slice kit as opposed to USB X-Core 200 Slice kit. Will the new board have full USB libraries? I am particularly looking for a library for a CDC class device.
On page 2 of the hardware manual it does mention USB but says that the core board cannot be powered from the USB connector.

Does it come with a separate power supply?

Thanks
Alfred
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Hi Alfred,

Yes, the libraries can run on this board and it comes with a power supply.

Best regards,
John